Throughout their stay, all guests are required to abide by the rules of the hostel. These rules are to be considered a contractual obligation and must be adhered to at all times. Management reserves the right to refuse admission to any guest who fails to obey these rules and require them to leave the premises.
In order to gain access to HOSTAL MACAW hostel, all guests must first register.
- Guests must have some form of official ID with them (e.g., national ID card, passport, etc.).
- Only those registered at the front desk are allowed to access the rooms.
- Children not accompanied by one of their parents are not allowed entry unless the adult accompanying them provides written proof of consent from the child’s parent(s) granting the adult concerned express authorization to do so.
- For the safety and security of our guests, anyone else staying in a room must also register at the front desk (providing some form of original ID) and pay the additional guest fee.
- No person under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be allowed on the premises.
- Smoking is prohibited in all rooms.
- Please ask for your bill in advance, preferably the night before you are due to check out. In the event billing information is not provided, the bill will be made out in the name of the guest registered when they first arrived.
- Alcohol consumption is permitted within moderation and up until midnight, every day except Sunday.
- All bookings are NON-TRANSFERABLE.
CHECK-IN AND CHECK-OUT:
- Check-in time is from 1:00 p.m. Latest check-out time is noon. Anyone checking out after that time will be required to pay a late check-out fee at the applicable rate. Please ask at the front desk for further details.
- Breakfast is served from 7:00-9:30 a.m. Guests setting out before 7:00 a.m. should notify the front desk the night before so that we can prepare a packed breakfast to go.
- Guests must return their keys to the front desk at the end of their stay.
- The following items must not be removed from the room: towels, laundry bags, blankets, remote controls (for air conditioning and TV), palo santo incense sticks.
- Guests should place their bags outside their room 15 minutes before they intend to check out.
- Guests requiring transport before 07:00 a.m. should notify reception the night before.
- Guests are expected to keep the noise level in their room down to a reasonable level.
- Overly soiled towels will be subject to a surcharge (please ask at the front desk for more details).
- Guests must not use the towels to clean their shoes.
- Guests should check their room before they check out. Items left behind are stored for a maximum of 90 days.
Cancellation F.I.T.s (For Individual Travelers):
- Cancellation with 4 days’ notice or less: First night of booking is charged.
- Same-day cancellations and no-shows: Full amount of booking is charged.
- For Groups: Cancellations with 45 days’ notice or less: Full amount of booking is charged.